BEACON AT A GLANCE 2019-20
Beacon Academy is an independent school serving grades 9-12 with a curriculum based in Montessori principles and culminating in the IB Diploma Programme. The school is located in Evanston, Illinois, just north of Chicago, and students hail from a wide geographic range of suburbs and the city.
- Student Body: 213
50% of students live in Chicago
50% of students live in the surrounding suburbs
- Students of Color: 32%
- Faculty of Color: 26%
- Beacon faculty come from 8 different countries
- Beacon students come from 75 different schools:
- 30% of students come from independent schools
- 38% of students come from Montessori schools
- 25% of students come from public schools
- 7% of students come from parochial, boarding, or home schools.
- Students Receiving Tuition Assistance: 25%
- Class size averages 14 students.
National Association of Independent Schools; Independent Schools Association of the Central States (ISACS); Lake Michigan Area Independent Schools; International Baccalaureate Organization (IBO), IB World School.