BEACON AT A GLANCE 2018-19
Beacon Academy is an independent school serving grades 9-12 with a curriculum based in Montessori principles and culminating in the IB Diploma Programme. The school is located in Evanston, Illinois, just north of Chicago, and students hail from a wide geographic range of suburbs and the city.
- Student Body: 200
48% of students live in Chicago
52% of students live in the surrounding suburbs
- Students of Color: 27%
- Faculty of Color: 30%
- Students Receiving Tuition Assistance: 24%
- Beacon students come from 74 different schools:
- 32% of students come from independent schools
- 36% of students come from Montessori schools
- 25% of students come from public schools
- 7% of students come from parochial, boarding, or home schools.
- Faculty with Advanced Degrees: 90%
- Class size averages 14 students.
National Association of Independent Schools; Independent Schools Association of the Central States (ISACS), Provisional Member School; Lake Michigan Area Independent Schools; International Baccalaureate Organization (IBO), IB World School